Curious and Interesting Names Near Michichi ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Aerial (11 miles [17.7 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Aerial
- Aerial lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<1> to the southwest of Michichi
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Aerial. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Aerial
- Carbon (27 miles [43.5 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Carbon
- Carbon lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<1> to the west of Michichi
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Carbon came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Carbon
- Dorothy (22 miles [35.4 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dorothy
- Dorothy lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<1> to the southeast of Michichi
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dorothy
- Drumheller (11 miles [17.7 km] to the southwest)
- Hartshorn (25 miles [40.2 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hartshorn
- Hartshorn lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<1> to the north of Michichi
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hartshorn came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hartshorn
- Heart Lake (25 miles [40.2 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Heart Lake
- Heart Lake lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<1> to the northeast of Michichi
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Heart Lake
- Rosebud (26 miles [41.8 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rosebud
- Rosebud lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<1> to the southwest of Michichi
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rosebud came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rosebud
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Rosebud<4>
- Rosedale (12 miles [19.3 km] to the south)
- Rosedale Station (11 miles [17.7 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rosedale Station
- Rosedale Station lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<1> to the south of Michichi
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rosedale Station came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rosedale Station
How Far From Michichi to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Michichi to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Michichi and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 141 miles [226.9 km]<1> to the north northwest (NNW). If you could drive a straight line from Michichi to Edmonton, with an average speed<5>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 8 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 6 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,718 miles [2,764.9 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 68 days and walking would take 98 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,349 miles [10,217.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,117 miles [11,453.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,181 miles [8,338 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Notable Births & Deaths for Michichi
Find a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Michichi. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Michichi) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Michichi. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from MichichiOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Michichi. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.5833, Longitude: -112.5333 |
|<2>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Michichi to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 333.022 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 333.681 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 320.864 degrees.||