Welcome to Hartshorn ...
Although we found mention of Hartshorn during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Hartshorn was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Hartshorn to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Hartshorn, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Hartshorn might be (or was) located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
We believe that Hartshorn would be found within the (403) and (587)<2> area codes.
Communities Also Named Hartshorn ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 5 communities that are also named Hartshorn - they are located in Illinois, Minnesota, Missouri, North Carolina and Ohio.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Hartshorn.
Communities near Hartshorn ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Hartshorn.
- Big Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Big Valley
- Big Valley lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<3> to the west of Hartshorn
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Big Valley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Big Valley
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Big Valley<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Endiang
- Endiang lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the east of Hartshorn
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Endiang came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Endiang
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Byemoor
- Byemoor lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the north of Hartshorn
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Byemoor came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Byemoor
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Leo
- Leo lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the north of Hartshorn
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Leo. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Leo
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Craigmyle
- Craigmyle lies 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the south of Hartshorn
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Craigmyle
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sabine
- Sabine lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<3> to the northwest of Hartshorn
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sabine
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Watts
- Watts lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<3> to the southeast of Hartshorn
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Watts
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fenn
- Fenn lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<3> to the northwest of Hartshorn
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fenn
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Hartshorn ...
Looking for more information about Hartshorn? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Hartshorn, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Hartshorn.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Hartshorn and then turned east". While Hartshorn could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Hartshorn as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Hartshorn could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Hartshorn) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Hartshorn. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.9333, Longitude: -112.3333
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|