Curious and Interesting Names Near Kirriemuir ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Cactus Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cactus Lake
- Cactus Lake lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<1> to the northeast of Kirriemuir
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cactus Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cosine
- Cosine lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the northeast of Kirriemuir
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cosine came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cosine
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Denzil
- Denzil lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<1> to the northeast of Kirriemuir
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Denzil
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Major
- Major lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<1> to the east of Kirriemuir
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Major
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Monitor
- Monitor lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<1> to the west of Kirriemuir
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Monitor
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Primate
- Primate lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<1> to the northeast of Kirriemuir
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Primate
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Superb
- Superb lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<1> to the east of Kirriemuir
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Superb came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Superb
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Veteran
- Veteran lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<1> to the west of Kirriemuir
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Veteran came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Veteran
How Far From Kirriemuir to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Kirriemuir to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Kirriemuir and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 174 miles [280 km]<1> to the northwest (NW). If you could drive a straight line from Kirriemuir to Edmonton, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take about three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 10 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 7 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,623 miles [2,612 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 64 days and walking would take 93 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,284 miles [10,113.1 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,053 miles [11,350.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,102 miles [8,210.9 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Kirriemuir. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Kirriemuir) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Kirriemuir. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from KirriemuirOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Kirriemuir. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.9230, Longitude: -110.3120 |
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Kirriemuir to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 331.25 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 331.698 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 319.352 degrees.||