Around Dinant ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Edmonton. It is located about 40 miles [64 km] to the northwest of Dinant.
The next largest community is Leduc.
It is located about 31 miles [ km] to the west of Dinant
Below is a sample of nearby communities: Please note that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance from Dinant.<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Armena
- Armena lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the west of Dinant
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Armena
- Bittern Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bittern Lake
- Bittern Lake lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the southwest of Dinant
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bittern Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Duhamel
- Duhamel lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the south of Dinant
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Duhamel came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Duhamel
- Ferlow Junction
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ferlow Junction
- Ferlow Junction lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the south of Dinant
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ferlow Junction
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gwynne
- Gwynne lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the southwest of Dinant
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gwynne
- Continue List (9 more) ...
- Hay Lakes
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hay Lakes
- Hay Lakes lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> to the northwest of Dinant
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hay Lakes
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lindbrook
- Lindbrook lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the north of Dinant
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lindbrook came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lindbrook
- New Norway
- New Sarepta
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ohaton
- Ohaton lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the southeast of Dinant
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ohaton
- Round Hill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Round Hill
- Round Hill lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the east of Dinant
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Round Hill
Curious and Interesting Names Near Dinant ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Dinant.
Airports Near Dinant ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<5> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Dinant and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Dinant.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the Province of Alberta:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Unless noted otherwise, the population counts we use should be considered estimates. Our population values for Dinant were taken from various sources and although they can be traced back to Statistics Canada (StatCan), they should not be considered official.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Dinant) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Dinant. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.1333, Longitude: -112.8167 |
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Dinant), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|