Communities Also Named Delia ...
We have found five communities that share the name Delia.
Within Alberta, the name Delia is unique.
Beyond Alberta, we know of another five communities that are located throughout in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Jackson County
- This Delia is located in Jackson County and lies 1,162 miles [1,870.1 km]<1> to the southeast.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Delia
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Jackson County community of Delia.
- Grant County
- This Delia is located in Grant County and lies 1,604 miles [2,581.4 km]<1> to the east southeast.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Delia
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Grant County community of Delia.
- Ozark County
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<2> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Missouri community of Delia [Ozark County].
- Jefferson County
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<2> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Tennessee community of Delia [Jefferson County].
- Limestone County
- This community is historic<3> and we have very little information. For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Texas community of Delia [Limestone County].
Curious and Interesting Names Near Delia ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Aerial (18 miles [29 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Aerial
- Aerial lies 18 miles [29 km]<1> to the southwest of Delia
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Aerial. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Aerial
- Byemoor (25 miles [40.2 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Byemoor
- Byemoor lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<1> to the north of Delia
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Byemoor came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Byemoor
- Dorothy (24 miles [38.6 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dorothy
- Dorothy lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<1> to the south of Delia
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dorothy
- Drumheller (18 miles [29 km] to the southwest)
- Hartshorn (20 miles [32.2 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hartshorn
- Hartshorn lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<1> to the north of Delia
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hartshorn came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hartshorn
- Heart Lake (19 miles [30.6 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Heart Lake
- Heart Lake lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> to the north of Delia
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Heart Lake
- Rosedale (18 miles [29 km] to the southwest)
- Rosedale Station (18 miles [29 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rosedale Station
- Rosedale Station lies 18 miles [29 km]<1> to the southwest of Delia
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rosedale Station came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rosedale Station
How Far From Delia to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a village such as Delia to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Delia and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 140 miles [225.3 km]<1> to the north northwest (NNW). If you could drive a straight line from Delia to Edmonton, with an average speed<7>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 8 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 6 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,711 miles [2,753.6 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 67 days and walking would take 98 days.
- The shortest distance<8> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,343 miles [10,208.1 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<9>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,111 miles [11,444 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<10>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,174 miles [8,326.7 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<11>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Notable Births & Deaths for Delia
Mentions & References for Delia
Search for a Alberta Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Delia: www.delia.ca/
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Delia) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Delia. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from DeliaOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Delia. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.6321, Longitude: -112.3740 |
|<2>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer as a placeholder. As we find more information about that community, it will be added to our Gazetteer.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Delia could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<3>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Delia, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<4>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<7>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<8>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Delia to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 332.895 degrees.|
|<10>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 333.541 degrees.|
|<11>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 320.751 degrees.||