Curious and Interesting Names Near Compeer ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Cactus Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cactus Lake
- Cactus Lake lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> to the northeast of Compeer
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cactus Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cosine
- Cosine lies 19 miles [30.6 km] to the north of Compeer
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cosine
- Hearts Hill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hearts Hill
- Hearts Hill lies 24 miles [38.6 km] to the northeast of Compeer
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hearts Hill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hoosier
- Hoosier lies 20 miles [32.2 km] to the southeast of Compeer
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hoosier
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Major
- Major lies 16 miles [25.7 km] to the east of Compeer
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Major
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Monitor
- Monitor lies 25 miles [40.2 km] to the west of Compeer
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Monitor
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Primate
- Primate lies 28 miles [45.1 km] to the north of Compeer
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Primate
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Smiley
- Smiley lies 27 miles [43.5 km] to the southeast of Compeer
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Smiley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Superb
- Superb lies 3 miles [4.8 km] to the northeast of Compeer
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Superb
How Far From Compeer to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Compeer to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Compeer and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 186 miles [299.3 km] to the northwest (NW). If you could drive a straight line from Compeer to Edmonton, with an average speed<2>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take a little over three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 11 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 8 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,610 miles [2,591 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 63 days and walking would take 92 days.
- The shortest distance<3> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,282 miles [10,109.9 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<4>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,050 miles [11,345.9 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<5>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,097 miles [8,202.8 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<6>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Compeer. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Compeer) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Compeer. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Compeer
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Compeer. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.8599, Longitude: -110.0114
|<2>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<3>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Compeer to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<4>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 331.01 degrees.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 331.42 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 319.168 degrees.||