Welcome to Cavendish ...
Cavendish is 2,220 feet [677 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the altitude of Cavendish is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Cavendish lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Note: If you travel east from Cavendish (for example, toward Leader (SK)), you will leave Mountain Time and cross into the Central Standard Time Zone (CST). In addition, you will be moving from an area that observes daylight saving time to one that does not.
Area codes for Cavendish: (403) & (587)<2>
Communities Also Named Cavendish ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 5 communities that are also named Cavendish - they are located in Idaho, Missouri, Newfoundland and Labrador, Prince Edward Island and Vermont.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Cavendish.
Communities near Cavendish ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Cavendish.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bindloss came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bindloss
- Bindloss lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<4> to the northeast of Cavendish
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bindloss
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Buffalo came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Buffalo
- Buffalo lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<4> to the west of Cavendish
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Buffalo
- Acadia Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Acadia Valley
- Acadia Valley lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<4> to the northeast of Cavendish
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Acadia Valley
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Burstall
- Burstall lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<4> to the southeast of Cavendish
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Burstall
- Estuary - Historic
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Estuary. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Estuary
- Estuary was located 26 miles [41.8 km]<4> to the east of Cavendish
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hilda
- Hilda lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<4> to the southeast of Cavendish
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hilda
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Jenner came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Jenner
- Jenner lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<4> to the west of Cavendish
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jenner
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Jenner<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mendham
- Mendham lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<4> to the east of Cavendish
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mendham
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Iddesleigh
- Iddesleigh lies 36 miles [57.9 km]<4> to the west of Cavendish
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Iddesleigh
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Cavendish ...
Looking for more information about Cavendish? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Cavendish, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Cavendish.
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Cavendish. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Cavendish - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Cavendish) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Cavendish. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.8167, Longitude: -110.4667
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|