Welcome to Hilda ...
Hilda is 2,490 feet [759 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the altitude of Hilda is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Hilda lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Note: If you travel east from Hilda (for example, toward Richmound (SK)), you will soon leave Mountain Time and cross into the Central Standard Time Zone (CST). In addition, you will be moving from an area that observes daylight saving time to one that does not.
Telephone area codes for Hilda: (403) and (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Hilda: T0J<3>
Communities Also Named Hilda ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 12 communities that are also named Hilda - they are located in Kentucky (2), Mississippi, Missouri (2), Ontario, South Carolina, Texas (3), Virginia and Washington.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Hilda.
Communities near Hilda ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Hilda.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Burstall
- Burstall lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the northeast of Hilda
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Burstall
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Richmound
- Richmound lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the east of Hilda
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Richmound
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Schuler
- Schuler lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<4> to the south of Hilda
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Schuler
- Fox Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fox Valley
- Fox Valley lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<4> to the east of Hilda
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fox Valley
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Golden Prairie
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Golden Prairie
- Golden Prairie lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<4> to the southeast of Hilda
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Golden Prairie
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Liebenthal
- Liebenthal lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<4> to the northeast of Hilda
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Liebenthal
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mendham
- Mendham lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<4> to the northeast of Hilda
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mendham
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bindloss came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bindloss
- Bindloss lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<4> to the north of Hilda
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bindloss
- Estuary - Historic
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Estuary. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Estuary
- Estuary was located 31 miles [49.9 km]<4> to the north of Hilda
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hatton
- Hatton lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<4> to the south of Hilda
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hatton
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Hilda ...
Looking for more information about Hilda? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Hilda, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Hilda.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Alberta Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Hilda. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Hilda - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Hilda). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Hilda or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Hilda) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Hilda. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Hilda
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Hilda. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.4802, Longitude: -110.0324
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|