Welcome to Golden Prairie ...
A typical abbreviation for Golden Prairie: Golden Pr.
The village of Golden Prairie is 2,410 feet [735 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the altitude of Golden Prairie is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Golden Prairie lies in the Central Standard Time Zone (CST) and does not observe daylight saving time. The time zone in French: CST- Heure Normale du Centre (HNC).
Note: If you travel west from Golden Prairie (for example, toward Medicine Hat (AB)), you will leave Central Standard Time and cross into the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT). In addition, you will be moving from an area that does not observe daylight saving time to one that does.
Area codes for Golden Prairie: (306) and (639)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Golden Prairie: S0N<3>
Communities near Golden Prairie ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Golden Prairie.
- Fox Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fox Valley
- Fox Valley lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the north of Golden Prairie
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fox Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Richmound
- Richmound lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the north of Golden Prairie
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Richmound
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hatton
- Hatton lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the southwest of Golden Prairie
- Hatton has also been known as:
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hatton
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Schuler
- Schuler lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<4> to the west of Golden Prairie
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Schuler
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Maple Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hilda
- Hilda lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<4> to the northwest of Golden Prairie
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hilda
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Walsh
- Walsh lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<4> to the southwest of Golden Prairie
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Walsh came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Walsh
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Piapot
- Piapot lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<4> to the southeast of Golden Prairie
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Piapot came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Piapot
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Liebenthal
- Liebenthal lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<4> to the north of Golden Prairie
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Liebenthal
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Burstall
- Burstall lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<4> to the north of Golden Prairie
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Burstall
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Golden Prairie ...
Looking for more information about Golden Prairie? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Golden Prairie, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Golden Prairie.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Saskatchewan Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Golden Prairie. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Golden Prairie - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (639) is an overlay for area code (306).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Golden Prairie). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Golden Prairie or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Golden Prairie) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Golden Prairie. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Golden PrairieOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Golden Prairie. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.2216, Longitude: -109.6315 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|