Welcome to Maple Creek ...
A typical abbreviation for Maple Creek: Maple Crk. (or less commonly used: Maple Ck. or Maple Cr.)
The town of Maple Creek is 2,530 feet [771 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the altitude of Maple Creek is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Maple Creek lies in the Central Standard Time Zone (CST) and does not observe daylight saving time. The time zone in French: CST- Heure Normale du Centre (HNC).
Note: If you travel west from Maple Creek (for example, toward Walsh (AB)), you will leave Central Standard Time and cross into the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT). In addition, you will be moving from an area that does not observe daylight saving time to one that does.
Area codes for Maple Creek: (306) and (639)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Maple Creek: S0N<3>
Websites for Maple Creek ...
Official Website: www.maplecreek.ca/
Communities Also Named Maple Creek ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 6 communities that are also named Maple Creek - they are located in California, Georgia, Kentucky, Nebraska, Pennsylvania and Tennessee.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Maple Creek.
Communities near Maple Creek ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Maple Creek.
- Nekaneet Cree Nation
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Nekaneet Cree Nation came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nekaneet Cree Nation
- Nekaneet Cree Nation lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<5> to the southeast of Maple Creek
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nekaneet Cree Nation
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Piapot came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Piapot
- Piapot lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<5> to the east of Maple Creek
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Piapot
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hatton
- Hatton lies 18 miles [29 km]<5> to the northwest of Maple Creek
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hatton
- Golden Prairie
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Golden Prairie
- Golden Prairie lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<5> to the north of Maple Creek
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Golden Prairie
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Walsh came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Walsh
- Walsh lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<5> to the west of Maple Creek
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Walsh
- Skull Creek
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Skull Creek. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Skull Creek
- Skull Creek lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<5> to the east of Maple Creek
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Skull Creek
- East Fairwell
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for East Fairwell
- East Fairwell lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<5> to the southeast of Maple Creek
- Jump to Google Maps centered on East Fairwell
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Klintonel
- Klintonel lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<5> to the southeast of Maple Creek
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Klintonel
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Tompkins came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tompkins
- Tompkins lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<5> to the east of Maple Creek
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tompkins
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Robsart
- Robsart lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<5> to the south of Maple Creek
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Robsart
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Maple Creek ...
Looking for more information about Maple Creek? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Maple Creek, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Maple Creek.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Maple Creek: www.maplecreek.ca/
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Maple Creek - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (639) is an overlay for area code (306).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Maple Creek). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Maple Creek or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Maple Creek) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Maple Creek. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Maple Creek
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Maple Creek. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.9064, Longitude: -109.4791
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|