Welcome to Acadia Valley ...
A typical abbreviation for Acadia Valley: Acadia Vly. (or less commonly used: Acadia Vally. or Acadia Vlly.)
Acadia Valley is 2,380 feet [725 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the altitude of Acadia Valley is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Acadia Valley lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Note: If you travel east from Acadia Valley (for example, toward Eatonia (SK)), you will leave Mountain Time and cross into the Central Standard Time Zone (CST). In addition, you will be moving from an area that observes daylight saving time to one that does not.
Area codes for Acadia Valley: (403) & (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Acadia Valley: T0J<3>
Websites for Acadia Valley ...
Official Website: www.mdacadia.ab.ca/
Communities near Acadia Valley ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Acadia Valley.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Alsask
- Alsask lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the northeast of Acadia Valley
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Alsask came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alsask
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Alsask<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mantario
- Mantario lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the northeast of Acadia Valley
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Mantario came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mantario
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sibbald
- Sibbald lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the north of Acadia Valley
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sibbald came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sibbald
- Benton Station
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Benton Station
- Benton Station lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the northwest of Acadia Valley
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Benton Station
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bindloss
- Bindloss lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the south of Acadia Valley
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bindloss came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bindloss
- Estuary - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Estuary
- Estuary was located 20 miles [32.2 km]<4> to the southeast of Acadia Valley
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Estuary. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<7>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Marengo
- Marengo lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<4> to the northeast of Acadia Valley
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Marengo
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Laporte
- Laporte lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<4> to the east of Acadia Valley
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Laporte
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Acadia Valley ...
Looking for more information about Acadia Valley? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Acadia Valley, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Acadia Valley.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Alberta Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Acadia Valley: www.mdacadia.ab.ca/
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Acadia Valley - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Acadia Valley). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Acadia Valley or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Acadia Valley) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Acadia Valley. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Acadia Valley
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Acadia Valley. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.1592, Longitude: -110.2090
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<7>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|