Welcome to Empress ...
The village of Empress is 1,910 feet [582 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Empress lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Note: If you travel east from Empress (for example, toward Leader (SK)), you will leave Mountain Time and cross into the Central Standard Time Zone (CST). In addition, you will be moving from an area that observes daylight saving time to one that does not.
Area codes for Empress: (403) and (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Empress: T0J<3>
Adding Empress to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Empress was on a map titled Road Map for Montana & Southern Alberta (from Shell Oil, 1951).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Empress on our Genealogy Page.
Communities Also Named Empress ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Empress - it's located in Georgia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Empress.
Communities near Empress ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Empress.
- Acadia Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Acadia Valley
- Acadia Valley lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the northwest of Empress
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Acadia Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mendham
- Mendham lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the southeast of Empress
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mendham
- Estuary - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Estuary
- Estuary was located 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the east of Empress
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Estuary. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bindloss
- Bindloss lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the southwest of Empress
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bindloss came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bindloss
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Burstall
- Burstall lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<4> to the south of Empress
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Burstall
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mantario
- Mantario lies 23 miles [37 km]<4> to the north of Empress
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Mantario came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mantario
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Alsask
- Alsask lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<4> to the north of Empress
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Alsask came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alsask
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Alsask<7>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Laporte
- Laporte lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<4> to the northeast of Empress
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Laporte
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Prelate
- Prelate lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<4> to the east of Empress
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Prelate
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Empress ...
Looking for more information about Empress? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Empress, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Empress.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Empress. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Empress - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Empress). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Empress or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Empress) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Empress. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from EmpressOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Empress. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.9550, Longitude: -110.0079 |
|<5>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<7>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|