Welcome to Buffalo ...
When the people of Buffalo refer to themselves (known as a demonym), they frequently use Buffalonian<1>
Buffalo is 2,380 feet [725 m] above sea level.<2> In other words, the altitude of Buffalo is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Buffalo lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Note: If you travel east from Buffalo (for example, toward Leader (SK)), you will leave Mountain Time and cross into the Central Standard Time Zone (CST). In addition, you will be moving from an area that observes daylight saving time to one that does not.
Area codes for Buffalo: (403) & (587)<3>
Communities Also Named Buffalo ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 57 communities that are also named Buffalo - they are located in Alabama, Arkansas (3), Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana (3), Iowa (2), Kansas (4), Kentucky (4), Maine, Minnesota, Missouri (3), Montana, Nebraska (2), New York, North Carolina (3), North Dakota, Ohio (2), Oklahoma (2), Oregon, Pennsylvania, Saskatchewan, South Carolina (3), South Dakota, Tennessee (5), Texas (4), West Virginia (2), Wisconsin and Wyoming.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Buffalo.
Communities near Buffalo ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Buffalo.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bindloss came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bindloss
- Bindloss lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<5> to the east of Buffalo
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bindloss
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Jenner came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Jenner
- Jenner lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<5> to the west of Buffalo
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jenner
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Jenner<6>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Iddesleigh
- Iddesleigh lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<5> to the west of Buffalo
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Iddesleigh
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Acadia Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Acadia Valley
- Acadia Valley lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<5> to the northeast of Buffalo
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Acadia Valley
- Big Stone
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Big Stone came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Big Stone
- Big Stone lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<5> to the northwest of Buffalo
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Big Stone
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Burstall
- Burstall lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<5> to the east of Buffalo
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Burstall
- Estuary - Historic
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Estuary. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<7>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Estuary
- Estuary was located 35 miles [56.3 km]<5> to the east of Buffalo
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hilda
- Hilda lies 36 miles [57.9 km]<5> to the southeast of Buffalo
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hilda
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wardlow
- Wardlow lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<5> to the west of Buffalo
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wardlow
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Buffalo ...
Looking for more information about Buffalo? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Buffalo, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Buffalo.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Buffalo. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||A demonym is the name for a resident of a community which is usually derived from (or is related to) the name of that community. In other words, it's how the residents of Buffalo refer to themselves. It's important to note that there aren't any rules for taking a community's name and turning it into a demonym. A demonym is informal and while the majority of Buffalo may use one name, keep in mind that others may use something different.|
|<2>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Buffalo - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<3>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Buffalo) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Buffalo. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Buffalo
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Buffalo. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.8000, Longitude: -110.6833
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<7>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|