Although we found mention of Aspen Beach during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Over time, we expect to discover additional information that will be added to our Gazetteer..
When we're planning a trip and want to make reservations or still at home and looking for a place to eat, we usually start by visiting the TripAdvisor website. Once on their website we search for what's available, then check the recommendations and experiences of other people.
Although there are many ways of searching the TripAdvisor website, we prefer to start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page. On the Tourism page you'll find a quick overview of the community, with links to restaurants, lodging, flights, rentals and nearby attractions.
While we are unaware of a TripAdvisor Tourism page that is specific to Aspen Beach, there are nearby communities that are likely to provide the information that you're looking for. If you want to learn more about those communities, the following map should be of help.
List of Neighboring TripAdvisor Tourism Pages ...
Below is a list of those communities which have a TripAdvisor Tourism page and are relatively close to Aspen Beach - within 40 miles [64.4 km]<2>.
Our list sorts the communities in alphabetical order. There are 19 communities listed:
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Blackfalds came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Blackfalds
- Blackfalds lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the southeast of Aspen Beach
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blackfalds
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Blackfalds<3>
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bowden came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bowden
- Bowden lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<2> to the south of Aspen Beach
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bowden
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Bowden<3>
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Caroline came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Caroline
- Caroline lies 40 miles [64.4 km]<2> to the southwest of Aspen Beach
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Caroline
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Caroline<3>
- Gull Lake
- Continue List ...
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lacombe came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lacombe
- Lacombe lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the east of Aspen Beach
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lacombe
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Lacombe<3>
- Ma-me-o Beach
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Markerville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Markerville
- Markerville lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> to the south of Aspen Beach
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Markerville
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Markerville<3>
- Pine Lake
- Red Deer
- Rocky Mountain House
- Spruce View
- Sylvan Lake
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Aspen Beach and then turned west". While Aspen Beach could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Aspen Beach as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Aspen Beach could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
Since confusion between is common, we searched and weren't able to find another Alberta community named Aspen Beach.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Aspen Beach) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Aspen Beach. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.4650, Longitude: -114.0257
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|