Welcome to Aspen Beach ...
Although we found mention of Aspen Beach during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Aspen Beach was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it's a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Aspen Beach to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Aspen Beach, please Contact Us.
A typical abbreviation for Aspen Beach: Aspen Bch.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Aspen Beach might be (or was) located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Communities near Aspen Beach ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Aspen Beach.
- Red Deer
- Sylvan Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lacombe came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lacombe
- Lacombe lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the east of Aspen Beach
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lacombe
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Lacombe<3>
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Blackfalds came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Blackfalds
- Blackfalds lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the southeast of Aspen Beach
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blackfalds
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Blackfalds<3>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Eckville
- Eckville lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the southwest of Aspen Beach
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Eckville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Norglenwold came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Norglenwold
- Norglenwold lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> to the south of Aspen Beach
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Norglenwold
- Kountry Meadows
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kountry Meadows
- Kountry Meadows lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the southwest of Aspen Beach
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kountry Meadows
- Gull Lake
- Jarvis Bay
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Jarvis Bay came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Jarvis Bay
- Jarvis Bay lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the south of Aspen Beach
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jarvis Bay
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Aspen Beach ...
Looking for more information about Aspen Beach? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Aspen Beach, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Aspen Beach.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Aspen Beach and then turned west". While Aspen Beach could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Aspen Beach as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Miller Creek to see Pete ... Miller Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Aspen Beach could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Aspen Beach) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Aspen Beach. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.4650, Longitude: -114.0257
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|