Welcome to Red Deer ...
The city of Red Deer was established in 1882 and was incorporated as a city March 25, 1913.
Red Deer is 2,860 feet [872 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the elevation of Red Deer is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Red Deer lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Area codes for Red Deer: (403) & (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Red Deer: T4N<3>
Websites for Red Deer ...
Official Website: www.reddeer.ca/
Chamber of Commerce: www.reddeerchamber.com/
Communities Also Named Red Deer ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Red Deer - it's located in Kansas.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Red Deer.
Communities near Red Deer ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Red Deer.
- Sylvan Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lacombe came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lacombe
- Lacombe lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the north of Red Deer
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lacombe
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Lacombe<5>
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Blackfalds came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Blackfalds
- Blackfalds lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the north of Red Deer
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blackfalds
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Blackfalds<5>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Penhold came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Penhold
- Penhold lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<4> to the south of Red Deer
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Penhold
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Springbrook
- Springbrook lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the southwest of Red Deer
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Springbrook
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Norglenwold came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Norglenwold
- Norglenwold lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the west of Red Deer
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Norglenwold
- Kountry Meadows
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kountry Meadows
- Kountry Meadows lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the west of Red Deer
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kountry Meadows
- Gull Lake
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Red Deer ...
Looking for more information about Red Deer? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Red Deer, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Red Deer.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Red Deer: www.reddeer.ca/
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Red Deer - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Red Deer, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Red Deer). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Red Deer or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Red Deer) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Red Deer. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Red Deer
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Red Deer. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.2691, Longitude: -113.8115
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|