Welcome to Bentley ...
The town of Bentley is 3,000 feet [914 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the elevation of Bentley is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Bentley lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Area codes for Bentley: (403) & (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Bentley: T0C<3>
Adding Bentley to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Bentley was on a map titled Road Map for Montana & Southern Alberta (from Shell Oil, 1951).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Bentley on our Genealogy Page.
Communities Also Named Bentley ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 14 communities that are also named Bentley - they are located in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio (2), Oklahoma and Wyoming.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Bentley.
Communities near Bentley ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Bentley.
- Red Deer
- Sylvan Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lacombe
- Lacombe lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the east of Bentley
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lacombe came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lacombe
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Lacombe<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Blackfalds
- Blackfalds lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the southeast of Bentley
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Blackfalds came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blackfalds
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Blackfalds<5>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Eckville
- Eckville lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the southwest of Bentley
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Eckville
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Norglenwold
- Norglenwold lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<4> to the south of Bentley
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Norglenwold came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Norglenwold
- Kountry Meadows
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kountry Meadows
- Kountry Meadows lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the southwest of Bentley
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kountry Meadows
- Gull Lake
- Jarvis Bay
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Jarvis Bay
- Jarvis Bay lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<4> to the south of Bentley
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Jarvis Bay came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jarvis Bay
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Bentley ...
Looking for more information about Bentley? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Bentley, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Bentley.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Bentley. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Bentley - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Bentley). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Bentley or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Bentley) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Bentley. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from BentleyOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Bentley. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.4671, Longitude: -114.0447 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|