Welcome to Rimbey ...
The town of Rimbey is 2,980 feet [908 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the elevation of Rimbey is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Rimbey lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Area codes for Rimbey: (403) & (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Rimbey: T0C<3>
Websites for Rimbey ...
Official Website: www.rimbey.com/
Adding Rimbey to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Rimbey was on a map titled Road Map for Montana & Southern Alberta (from Shell Oil, 1951).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Rimbey on our Genealogy Page.
Communities near Rimbey ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Rimbey.
- Gull Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bluffton
- Bluffton lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the north of Rimbey
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bluffton came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bluffton
- Sunbreaker Cove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sunbreaker Cove
- Sunbreaker Cove lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the south of Rimbey
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sunbreaker Cove came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sunbreaker Cove
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Forshee
- Forshee lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the southeast of Rimbey
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Forshee
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lavesta
- Lavesta lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the northwest of Rimbey
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Lavesta. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<7>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lavesta
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Leedale
- Leedale lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the west of Rimbey
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Leedale came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Leedale
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Crestomere
- Crestomere lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the east of Rimbey
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crestomere
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hoadley
- Hoadley lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the north of Rimbey
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hoadley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hoadley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Birchcliff
- Birchcliff lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<4> to the south of Rimbey
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Birchcliff came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Birchcliff
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Rimbey ...
Looking for more information about Rimbey? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Rimbey, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Rimbey.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Rimbey: www.rimbey.com/
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Rimbey - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Rimbey). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Rimbey or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Rimbey) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Rimbey. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from RimbeyOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Rimbey. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.6419, Longitude: -114.2359 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<7>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|