Welcome to Leedale ...
Although we found mention of Leedale during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Leedale was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it's a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Leedale to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Leedale, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Leedale might be (or was) located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
We believe that Leedale would be found within the (403) and (587)<2> area codes.
Communities Also Named Leedale ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Leedale - it's located in Texas.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Leedale.
Communities near Leedale ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Leedale.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Eckville
- Eckville lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<3> to the south of Leedale
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Eckville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Leslieville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Leslieville
- Leslieville lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<3> to the south of Leedale
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Leslieville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bluffton came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bluffton
- Bluffton lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<3> to the northeast of Leedale
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bluffton
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Sunbreaker Cove
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sunbreaker Cove came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sunbreaker Cove
- Sunbreaker Cove lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<3> to the southeast of Leedale
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sunbreaker Cove
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Lavesta. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lavesta
- Lavesta lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<3> to the north of Leedale
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lavesta
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Alhambra came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Alhambra
- Alhambra lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<3> to the southwest of Leedale
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alhambra
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Withrow
- Withrow lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<3> to the south of Leedale
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Withrow
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Forshee
- Forshee lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<3> to the east of Leedale
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Forshee
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Condor
- Condor lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<3> to the south of Leedale
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Condor
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Leedale ...
Looking for more information about Leedale? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Leedale, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Leedale.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Leedale and then turned east". While Leedale could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Leedale as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Leedale could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Leedale) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Leedale. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Leedale
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Leedale. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.5833, Longitude: -114.4833
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|