Welcome to Condor ...
Time Zone: Condor lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Area codes for Condor: (403) and (587)<1>
The Canadian Postal Code for Condor: T0M<2>
Adding Condor to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Condor was on a map titled Road Map for Montana & Southern Alberta (from Shell Oil, 1951).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Condor on our Genealogy Page.
Communities Also Named Condor ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Condor - it's located in Georgia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Condor.
Communities near Condor ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Condor.
- Sylvan Lake
- Rocky Mountain House
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Eckville
- Eckville lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the east of Condor
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Eckville
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Caroline
- Caroline lies 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the southwest of Condor
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Caroline came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Caroline
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Caroline<4>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Norglenwold
- Norglenwold lies 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the east of Condor
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Norglenwold came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Norglenwold
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Leslieville
- Leslieville lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the northwest of Condor
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Leslieville
- Kountry Meadows
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kountry Meadows
- Kountry Meadows lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<3> to the east of Condor
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kountry Meadows
- Spruce View
- Sunbreaker Cove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sunbreaker Cove
- Sunbreaker Cove lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<3> to the east of Condor
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sunbreaker Cove came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sunbreaker Cove
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Condor ...
Looking for more information about Condor? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Condor, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Condor.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Condor. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<2>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Condor, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Condor). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Condor or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Condor) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Condor. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from CondorOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Condor. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.3263, Longitude: -114.5541 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|