Our Genealogy Helper for Aspen Beach ...
Although we found mention of Aspen Beach during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Aspen Beach was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool which helps us with planning our trips.
- We're trying to shape our Gazetteer as a tool to help us understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
- On our trips, we try to visit those places where our ancestors left their footprints.
By learning about Aspen Beach (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this our Genealogical Helper for Aspen Beach. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Name Variations for Aspen Beach ...
When searching records, keep in mind that names and their spelling can change over time. Our sources include documents like maps, railroad schedules, Travel, Express and Shipping Guides. Many of these documents date from the 1800's and it's common to find spelling differences.
Although we can't give a definitive list, hopefully the following will give you a feel for the variations that might have occurred.
For example, a typical abbreviation for Aspen Beach: Aspen Bch.
If you have information about these names (such as the reason for the change, date of change, the origin of the name), please Contact Us.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we like to start with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites either offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Aspen Beach:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Aspen Beach ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Aspen Beach.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Aspen Beach covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Bentley Cemetery
- Bentley Seventh Day Adventist Cemetery
- Bentley Colony Cemetery
- Woody Nook Christian Reformed Church Cemetery
- Vig Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Vig Cemetery
- Vig Cemetery lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the west of Aspen Beach.
- Vig Cemetery has also been known as:
- Vig Lutheran Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Vig Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2418719<2>
- Aspelund Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Aspelund Cemetery
- The Aspelund Cemetery is located 9 miles [14.5 km]<3> to the southeast of Red Deer.Stated another way, Aspelund Cemetery lies 7 miles [11.3 km] to the south of Aspen Beach.
- Aspelund Cemetery has also been known as:
- Aspeland Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Aspelund Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2500225<2>
- Continue List ...
- Lakeview Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Lakeview Cemetery
- Lakeview Cemetery lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<3> to the south of Aspen Beach.
- Lakeview Cemetery has also been known as:
- Lake View Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lakeview Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2379295<2>
- Blackfalds Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Blackfalds Cemetery
- Blackfalds Cemetery lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<3> to the southeast of Aspen Beach.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blackfalds Cemetery
- Kuusamo Cemetery
- West Meadows Cemetery
- Fairview Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Fairview Cemetery
- The Fairview Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located in Lacombe.To be more precise, Fairview Cemetery lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<3> to the east of Aspen Beach.
- Fairview Cemetery has also been known as:
- Lacombe Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fairview Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2239693<2>
- Mt. Calvary RC Cemetery
- Mt. Auburn Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Mt. Auburn Cemetery
- Mt. Auburn Cemetery lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<3> to the northwest of Aspen Beach.
- Mt. Auburn Cemetery has also been known as:
- Rimbey Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mt. Auburn Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2188699<2>
- Eckville Cemetery
- Red Deer Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Aspen Beach. See our List of 1890's Communities around Aspen Beach.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Mentions & References for Aspen Beach
Find a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Aspen Beach and then turned west". While Aspen Beach could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Aspen Beach as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Aspen Beach could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
Since confusion between is common, we searched and weren't able to find another Alberta community named Aspen Beach.
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Aspen Beach) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Aspen Beach. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.4650, Longitude: -114.0257 |