Although we found mention of Agatha during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Over time, we expect to discover additional information that will be added to our Gazetteer..
When we're planning a trip and want to make reservations or still at home and looking for a place to eat, we usually start by visiting the TripAdvisor website. Once on their website we search for what's available, then check the recommendations and experiences of other people.
Although there are many ways of searching the TripAdvisor website, we prefer to start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page. On the Tourism page you'll find a quick overview of the community, with links to restaurants, lodging, flights, rentals and nearby attractions.
While we are unaware of a TripAdvisor Tourism page that is specific to Agatha, there are communities in the surrounding area that have Tourism pages that may be of help. The following map should help you find find those communities communities.
List of Neighboring TripAdvisor Tourism Pages ...
Below is a list of those communities which have a TripAdvisor Tourism page and are relatively close to Agatha - within 40 miles [64.4 km]<2>.
Our list sorts the communities in alphabetical order. There are 5 communities listed:
- Bow Island
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bow Island
- Bow Island lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the south of Agatha
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bow Island came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bow Island
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Bow Island<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brooks
- Brooks lies 40 miles [64.4 km]<2> to the northwest of Agatha
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Brooks came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brooks
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Brooks<4>
- Medicine Hat
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Redcliff
- Redcliff lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> to the east of Agatha
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Redcliff came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Redcliff
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Redcliff<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Vauxhall
- Vauxhall lies 36 miles [57.9 km]<2> to the west of Agatha
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Vauxhall came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Vauxhall
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Vauxhall<4>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Agatha and then turned west". While Agatha could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Agatha as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Agatha could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
Since confusion between is common, we searched and weren't able to find another Alberta community named Agatha.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Agatha) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Agatha. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.1337, Longitude: -111.2830 |
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|