Welcome to Agatha ...
Although we found mention of Agatha during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Agatha was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Agatha to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Agatha, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Agatha might be (or was) located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
We believe that Agatha would be found within the (403) and (587)<2> area codes.
The Canadian Postal Code for Agatha: T0J<3>
Communities Also Named Agatha ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 3 communities that are also named Agatha - they are located in California, Idaho and Ohio.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Agatha.
Communities near Agatha ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Agatha.
- Bow Island
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bow Island
- Bow Island lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the south of Agatha
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bow Island came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bow Island
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Bow Island<6>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ralston
- Ralston lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<4> to the northeast of Agatha
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Ralston came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ralston
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Suffield
- Suffield lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the northeast of Agatha
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Suffield
- Alderson - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Alderson
- Alderson was located 10 miles [16.1 km]<4> to the north of Agatha
- Former names for Alderson:
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Burdett
- Burdett lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<4> to the southwest of Agatha
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Burdett came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Burdett
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Redcliff
- Redcliff lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<4> to the east of Agatha
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Redcliff came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Redcliff
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Redcliff<6>
- Rolling Hills
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rolling Hills
- Rolling Hills lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<4> to the west of Agatha
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rolling Hills
- Seven Persons
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Seven Persons
- Seven Persons lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<4> to the southeast of Agatha
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Seven Persons came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Seven Persons
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Juno
- Juno lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<4> to the southwest of Agatha
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Juno
- Medicine Hat
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Agatha ...
Looking for more information about Agatha? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Agatha, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Agatha.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Agatha and then turned east". While Agatha could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Agatha as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Agatha could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Agatha, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Agatha). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Agatha or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Agatha) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Agatha. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.1337, Longitude: -111.2830 |
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|