Welcome to Redcliff ...
The town of Redcliff is 2,450 feet [747 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the elevation of Redcliff is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Redcliff lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Note: If you travel east from Redcliff (for example, toward Maple Creek (SK)), you will leave Mountain Time and cross into the Central Standard Time Zone (CST). In addition, you will be moving from an area that observes daylight saving time to one that does not.
Telephone area codes for Redcliff: (403) & (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Redcliff: T0J<3>
Communities near Redcliff ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Redcliff.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dunmore
- Dunmore lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the southeast of Redcliff
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dunmore
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Suffield
- Suffield lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the northwest of Redcliff
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Suffield
- Seven Persons
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Seven Persons
- Seven Persons lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the south of Redcliff
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Seven Persons came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Seven Persons
- Medicine Hat
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Meadowlands
- Meadowlands lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the southeast of Redcliff
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Meadowlands
- Ross Glen
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ross Glen
- Ross Glen lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the southeast of Redcliff
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ross Glen
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ralston
- Ralston lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<4> to the northwest of Redcliff
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Ralston came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ralston
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Irvine
- Irvine lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<4> to the east of Redcliff
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Irvine came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Irvine
- Alderson - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Alderson
- Alderson was located 28 miles [45.1 km]<4> to the northwest of Redcliff
- Former names for Alderson:
- Bow Island
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bow Island
- Bow Island lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<4> to the southwest of Redcliff
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bow Island came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bow Island
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Bow Island<6>
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Redcliff ...
Looking for more information about Redcliff? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Redcliff, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Redcliff.
Adding Redcliff to Our Gazetteer ...
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Redcliff was on a map titled Road Map for Montana & Southern Alberta (from Shell Oil, 1951).
We also found Redcliff on a map titled Shell Oil Map of Alberta (1956).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Redcliff on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Redcliff. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Redcliff - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Redcliff, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Redcliff). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Redcliff or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Redcliff) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Redcliff. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from RedcliffOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Redcliff. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.0833, Longitude: -110.7833 |
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|