Welcome to Irvine ...
Irvine is 2,690 feet [820 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the altitude of Irvine is ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Irvine lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Note: If you travel east from Irvine (for example, toward Maple Creek (SK)), you will leave Mountain Time and cross into the Central Standard Time Zone (CST). In addition, you will be moving from an area that observes daylight saving time to one that does not.
Telephone area codes for Irvine: (403) and (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Irvine: T0J<3>
Communities Also Named Irvine ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 8 communities that are also named Irvine - they are located in British Columbia, California, Florida, Kentucky, Newfoundland and Labrador, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Wyoming.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Irvine.
Communities near Irvine ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Irvine.
- Medicine Hat
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dunmore
- Dunmore lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the west of Irvine
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dunmore
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Walsh
- Walsh lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<4> to the east of Irvine
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Walsh came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Walsh
- Ross Glen
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ross Glen
- Ross Glen lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the west of Irvine
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ross Glen
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Meadowlands
- Meadowlands lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the west of Irvine
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Meadowlands
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Elkwater
- Elkwater lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<4> to the south of Irvine
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Elkwater came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Elkwater
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Elkwater<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hatton
- Hatton lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<4> to the east of Irvine
- Hatton has also been known as:
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hatton
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Redcliff
- Redcliff lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<4> to the west of Irvine
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Redcliff came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Redcliff
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Redcliff<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Schuler
- Schuler lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<4> to the north of Irvine
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Schuler
- Seven Persons
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Seven Persons
- Seven Persons lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<4> to the west of Irvine
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Seven Persons came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Seven Persons
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Irvine ...
Looking for more information about Irvine? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Irvine, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Irvine.
Adding Irvine to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Irvine was on a map titled Map of Alberta (from Shell Oil, 1956).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Irvine on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Irvine. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Irvine - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Irvine, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Irvine). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Irvine or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Irvine) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Irvine. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from IrvineOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Irvine. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.9500, Longitude: -110.2667 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|