Welcome to Brendel ...
Although we found mention of Brendel during our research, we have little information about it.<1> Given the context of how Brendel was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Brendel to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Brendel, please Contact Us.
Brendel is 4,890 feet [1,490 m] above sea level.<2> In other words, the elevation of Brendel is about 1 mile [or 1½ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Brendel might be (or was) located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
We believe that Brendel would be found within the (435) area code.
Communities near Brendel ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Brendel.
- Green River [Emery County]
- Thompson Springs [Grand County]
- Valley City [Grand County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Valley City
- Valley City [Grand County] was located 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the south of Brendel
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Valley City. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<5>
- Sego [Grand County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sego
- Sego [Grand County] was located 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the northeast of Brendel
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sego have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Former names for Sego:
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Elgin [Grand County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Elgin
- Elgin [Grand County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<3> to the west of Brendel
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Elgin
- Sphinx [Emery County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sphinx
- Sphinx [Emery County] was located 25 miles [40.2 km]<3> to the west of Brendel
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Sphinx. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<5>
- Cisco [Grand County] - Historic
- Dewey [Grand County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dewey
- Dewey [Grand County] was located 29 miles [46.7 km]<3> to the east of Brendel
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Dewey have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Moab [Grand County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Moab
- Moab [Grand County] lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<3> to the southeast of Brendel
- Population from the 2020 Census: 5,373 people
- Former names for Moab:
- Grand Valley
- Mormon Fort
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Moab
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Moab<4>
- Richardson [Grand County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Richardson
- Richardson [Grand County] was located 29 miles [46.7 km]<3> to the southeast of Brendel
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Richardson. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<5>
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Brendel. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Brendel.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Brendel. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Brendel.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Brendel. See our Newspapers Page for Brendel.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Brendel ...
Looking for more information about Brendel? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Brendel, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Brendel.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Utah
About Grand County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Grand County: www.grandcountyutah.net/
The official website for State of Utah: https://www.utah.gov/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Brendel and then turned east". While Brendel could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Brendel as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Miller Creek to see Pete ... Miller Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Brendel could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong county. Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Brendel - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Brendel) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Brendel. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from BrendelOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Brendel. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 38.9469, Longitude: -109.8148 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<6>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|