Welcome to Valley City ...
So far, we have found very little information about Valley City. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Valley City to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Valley City, please Contact Us.
Valley City would have been located within present day Grand County<2>.
We aren't confident of the location of Valley City, so consider the above location as an estimate.<3>
Time Zone: The area where Valley City was located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
Valley City would have been located in the (435) area code.
Communities Also Named Valley City ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 9 communities that are also named Valley City - they are located in Illinois, Indiana, Kansas (3), Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota and Ohio.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Valley City.
Communities near Valley City ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Valley City.
- Brendel [Grand County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brendel
- Brendel [Grand County] lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the north of Valley City
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brendel
- Crescent Junction [Grand County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Crescent Junction
- Crescent Junction [Grand County] lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the north of Valley City
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crescent Junction
- Thompson Springs [Grand County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Thompson Springs
- Thompson Springs [Grand County] lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the northeast of Valley City
- Thompson Springs has also been known as:
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Thompson Springs
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Thompson Springs<5>
- Sego [Grand County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sego
- Sego [Grand County] was located 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the northeast of Valley City
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sego have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Former names for Sego:
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Elgin [Grand County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Elgin
- Elgin [Grand County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the northwest of Valley City
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Elgin
- Green River [Emery County]
- Moab [Grand County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Moab
- Moab [Grand County] lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<4> to the southeast of Valley City
- Estimated population in 2019: 5,336 people
- Former names for Moab:
- Grand Valley
- Mormon Fort
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Moab
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Moab<5>
- Richardson [Grand County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Richardson
- Richardson [Grand County] was located 26 miles [41.8 km]<4> to the southeast of Valley City
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Richardson. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Castle Valley [Grand County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Castle Valley
- Castle Valley [Grand County] lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<4> to the southeast of Valley City
- Estimated population in 2019: 350 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Castle Valley have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Castle Valley
- Cisco [Grand County] - Historic
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Valley City. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Valley City.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Valley City. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Valley City.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Valley City. See our Newspapers Page for Valley City.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Utah
About Grand County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Grand County: www.grandcountyutah.net/
The official website for State of Utah: https://www.utah.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Valley City, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Utah's counties, including Grand, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Valley City) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Valley City. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Valley City
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Valley City. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 38.8673, Longitude: -109.8094
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|