Although we found mention of Paquin during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Over time, we expect to discover additional information that will be added to our Gazetteer..
When we're planning a trip and want to make reservations or still at home and looking for a place to eat, we usually start by visiting the TripAdvisor website. Once on their website we search for what's available, then check the recommendations and experiences of other people.
Although there are many ways of searching the TripAdvisor website, we prefer to start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page. On the Tourism page you'll find a quick overview of the community, with links to restaurants, lodging, flights, rentals and nearby attractions.
While we are unaware of a TripAdvisor Tourism page that is specific to Paquin, there are nearby communities that are likely to provide the information that you're looking for. If you want to learn more about those communities, the following map should be of help.
List of Neighboring TripAdvisor Tourism Pages ...
Below is a list of those communities which have a TripAdvisor Tourism page and are relatively close to Paquin - within 37 miles [59.5 km]<2>.
Our list sorts the communities in alphabetical order. There are 12 communities listed:
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Angliers
- Angliers lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the southeast of Paquin
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Angliers came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Angliers
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Angliers<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Charlton
- Charlton lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<2> to the west of Paquin
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Charlton came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Charlton
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Charlton<4>
- Larder Lake
- Continue List ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Latchford
- Latchford lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> to the southwest of Paquin
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Latchford came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Latchford
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Latchford<4>
- New Liskeard
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for New Liskeard
- New Liskeard lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the southwest of Paquin
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for New Liskeard came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on New Liskeard
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for New Liskeard<4>
- Temiskaming Shores
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Temiskaming Shores
- Temiskaming Shores lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> to the southwest of Paquin
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Temiskaming Shores came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Temiskaming Shores
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Temiskaming Shores<4>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Quebec
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Quebec: https://www.quebec.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Paquin and then turned west". While Paquin could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Paquin as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Miller Creek to see Pete ... Miller Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Paquin could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
Since confusion between is common, we searched and weren't able to find another Quebec community named Paquin.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Paquin) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Paquin. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 47.6333, Longitude: -79.3167 |
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|