Although we found mention of Pabos during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Over time, we expect to discover additional information that will be added to our Gazetteer..
When we're planning a trip and want to make reservations or still at home and looking for a place to eat, we usually start by visiting the TripAdvisor website. Once on their website we search for what's available, then check the recommendations and experiences of other people.
Although there are many ways of searching the TripAdvisor website, we prefer to start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page. On the Tourism page you'll find a quick overview of the community, with links to restaurants, lodging, flights, rentals and nearby attractions.
While we are unaware of a TripAdvisor Tourism page that is specific to Pabos, there are communities in the surrounding area that have Tourism pages that may be of help. The following map should help you find find those communities communities.
List of Neighboring TripAdvisor Tourism Pages ...
Below is a list of those communities which have a TripAdvisor Tourism page and are relatively close to Pabos - within 40 miles [64.4 km]<2>.
Our list sorts the communities in alphabetical order. There are 6 communities listed:
- Bas Caraquet
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bas Caraquet
- Bas Caraquet lies 40 miles [64.4 km]<2> to the south of Pabos
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bas Caraquet came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bas Caraquet
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Bas Caraquet<4>
- Cap Bateau
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cap Bateau
- Cap Bateau lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<2> to the south of Pabos
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cap Bateau came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cap Bateau
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Cap Bateau<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lameque
- Lameque lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<2> to the south of Pabos
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lameque came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lameque
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Lameque<4>
- Petite Lameque
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Petite Lameque
- Petite Lameque lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<2> to the south of Pabos
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Petite Lameque came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Petite Lameque
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Petite Lameque<4>
- Petite Riviere de L'Ile
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Petite Riviere de L'Ile
- Petite Riviere de L'Ile lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<2> to the south of Pabos
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Petite Riviere de L'Ile came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Petite Riviere de L'Ile
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Petite Riviere de L'Ile<4>
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Quebec
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Quebec: https://www.quebec.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Pabos and then turned east". While Pabos could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Pabos as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Pabos could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
Since confusion between is common, we searched and weren't able to find another Quebec community named Pabos.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Pabos) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Pabos. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from PabosOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Pabos. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 48.3625, Longitude: -64.6100 |
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|