Our Genealogy Helper for Burnside ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Burnside (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Burnside. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first turn to the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites either offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Burnside:
- Websites specific to Nova Scotia
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Nova Scotia
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Nova Scotia
Cemeteries Near Burnside ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Burnside.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Burnside covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Proven Cemetery
- Burnt Hill Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Burnt Hill Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Burnt Hill Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Burnt Hill Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2529523<1>
- Eastville Cemetery
- Riverside Cemetery
- Greenfield Cemetery
- Harmony Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- Camden Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Camden Cemetery
- Camden Cemetery lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<3> to the west of Burnside.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Camden Cemetery
- Hillcrest Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Hillcrest Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Hillcrest Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<2>
- Hillcrest Cemetery lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<3> to the south of Burnside.
- Hillcrest Cemetery has also been known as:
- Upper Musquodoboit Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hillcrest Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2405000<1>
- Crossroads Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Crossroads Cemetery
- Crossroads Cemetery lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<3> to the northwest of Burnside.
- Crossroads Cemetery has also been known as:
- Cross Roads Salmon River Cemetery
- Valley United Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crossroads Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2242044<1>
- Bible Hill Cemetery
- Watson Cemetery
- Brookfield Eastside Cemetery
- New Westside Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the New Westside Cemetery
- New Westside Cemetery lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<3> to the west of Burnside.
- New Westside Cemetery has also been known as:
- Brookfield Westside Cemetery
- Westside Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on New Westside Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2417263<1>
- Lorne Cemetery
- St. Andrews Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Andrews Cemetery
- St. Andrews Cemetery lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<3> to the northeast of Burnside.
- St. Andrews Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Andrew's Presbyterian Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Andrews Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2439352<1>
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Burnside. See our List of 1890's Communities around Burnside.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Nova Scotia
About Nova Scotia
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Burnside. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Nova Scotia: https://novascotia.ca
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Burnside) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Burnside. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.3044, Longitude: -62.9753