Welcome to Big Marsh ...
Although we found mention of Big Marsh during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Big Marsh was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Big Marsh to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Big Marsh, please Contact Us.
We aren't confident of the location of Big Marsh, so consider the above location as an estimate.<2>
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Big Marsh might be (or was) located is in the Atlantic Time Zone (AST/ADT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: AST- Heure Normale de l'Atlantique (HNA), ADT- Heure Avancée de l'Atlantique (HAA).
We believe that Big Marsh would be found within the (902) area code.
The Canadian Postal Code for Big Marsh: B2G<3>
Communities Also Named Big Marsh ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Big Marsh - it's located in Nova Scotia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Big Marsh.
Communities near Big Marsh ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Big Marsh.
- Malignant Cove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Malignant Cove
- Malignant Cove lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the northwest of Big Marsh
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Malignant Cove
- North Grant
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for North Grant
- North Grant lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the south of Big Marsh
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for North Grant came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on North Grant
- North Lakevale
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for North Lakevale
- North Lakevale lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the northeast of Big Marsh
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for North Lakevale came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on North Lakevale
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- West Lakevale
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for West Lakevale
- West Lakevale lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the northeast of Big Marsh
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for West Lakevale came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on West Lakevale
- Antigonish Harbour
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Antigonish Harbour
- Antigonish Harbour lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the east of Big Marsh
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Antigonish Harbour
- Harbour Centre
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Harbour Centre
- Harbour Centre lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the southeast of Big Marsh
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Harbour Centre
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Jimtown
- Jimtown lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the east of Big Marsh
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Jimtown came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jimtown
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lakevale
- Lakevale lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the northeast of Big Marsh
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lakevale came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lakevale
- Lower North Grant
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lower North Grant
- Lower North Grant lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the south of Big Marsh
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lower North Grant
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Big Marsh ...
Looking for more information about Big Marsh? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Big Marsh, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Big Marsh.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Nova Scotia Community
About Nova Scotia
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Nova Scotia: https://novascotia.ca
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Big Marsh and then turned west". While Big Marsh could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Big Marsh as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Big Marsh could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Big Marsh, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Big Marsh). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Big Marsh or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Big Marsh) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Big Marsh. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Big MarshOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Big Marsh. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.7334, Longitude: -62.0123 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|