Welcome to Bangor ...
When the people of Bangor refer to themselves (known as a demonym), they frequently use Bangorean<1>
Time Zone: Bangor lies in the Atlantic Time Zone (AST/ADT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: AST- Heure Normale de l'Atlantique (HNA), ADT- Heure Avancée de l'Atlantique (HAA).
Bangor is located in the (902) area code.
Communities Also Named Bangor ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 19 communities that are also named Bangor - they are located in Alabama, California, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky (2), Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, New York, North Carolina, Ontario, Pennsylvania, Prince Edward Island, Saskatchewan, South Dakota, Washington and Wisconsin (2).
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Bangor.
Communities near Bangor ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Bangor.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Concession
- Concession lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the north of Bangor
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Concession
- Little Brook Station
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Little Brook Station
- Little Brook Station lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the north of Bangor
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Little Brook Station
- Church Point Station
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Church Point Station
- Church Point Station lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the north of Bangor
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Church Point Station
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Little Brook
- Bear Cove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bear Cove
- Bear Cove lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the southwest of Bangor
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bear Cove came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bear Cove
- Briar lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Briar lake
- Briar lake lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the southeast of Bangor
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Briar lake came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Briar lake
- Saint Alphonse
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saint Alphonse
- Saint Alphonse lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the southwest of Bangor
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Saint Alphonse came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saint Alphonse
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Saint Alphonse<3>
- Church Point
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Bangor ...
Looking for more information about Bangor? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Bangor, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Bangor.
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Nova Scotia
About Nova Scotia
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Bangor. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Nova Scotia: https://novascotia.ca
|<1>||A demonym is the name for a resident of a community which is usually derived from (or is related to) the name of that community. In other words, it's how the residents of Bangor refer to themselves. It's important to note that there aren't any rules for taking a community's name and turning it into a demonym. A demonym is informal and while the majority of Bangor may use one name, keep in mind that others may use something different.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Bangor) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Bangor. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Bangor
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Bangor. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.2181, Longitude: -66.0906
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|