Welcome to Burntcoat ...
Burntcoat is near sea level<1>.
Time Zone: Burntcoat lies in the Atlantic Time Zone (AST/ADT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: AST- Heure Normale de l'Atlantique (HNA), ADT- Heure Avancée de l'Atlantique (HAA).
The telephone area code for Burntcoat: (902)
The Canadian Postal Code for Burntcoat: B0N<2>
Adding Burntcoat to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
That's the case with Burntcoat: The earliest map where we found it was on a Rand McNally Map of the Maritime Provinces of Canada (1897).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Burntcoat on our Genealogy Page.
Communities Also Named Burntcoat ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Burntcoat - it's located in Nova Scotia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Burntcoat.
Communities near Burntcoat ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Burntcoat.
- Densmores Mills
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Densmores Mills
- Densmores Mills lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the east of Burntcoat
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Densmores Mills
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gormanville
- Gormanville lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southeast of Burntcoat
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gormanville
- Saints Rest
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saints Rest
- Saints Rest lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the north of Burntcoat
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Saints Rest came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saints Rest
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tennycape
- Tennycape lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southwest of Burntcoat
- Tennycape has also been known as:
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tennycape
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Upper Economy
- Cove Road
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cove Road
- Cove Road lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the northwest of Burntcoat
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cove Road came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cove Road
- Five Houses
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Five Houses
- Five Houses lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the northeast of Burntcoat
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Five Houses
- Kings Rest
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kings Rest
- Kings Rest lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the north of Burntcoat
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Kings Rest came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kings Rest
- North Noel Road
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for North Noel Road
- North Noel Road lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the south of Burntcoat
- Jump to Google Maps centered on North Noel Road
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Northfield
- Northfield lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the southeast of Burntcoat
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Northfield
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Burntcoat ...
Looking for more information about Burntcoat? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Burntcoat, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Burntcoat.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Nova Scotia
About Nova Scotia
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Burntcoat. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Nova Scotia: https://novascotia.ca
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Burntcoat - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Burntcoat, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Burntcoat). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Burntcoat or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Burntcoat) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Burntcoat. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Burntcoat
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Burntcoat. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.3121, Longitude: -63.7916
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|