Welcome to Barronsfield ...
Although we found mention of Barronsfield during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Barronsfield was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Barronsfield to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Barronsfield, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Barronsfield might be (or was) located is in the Atlantic Time Zone (AST/ADT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: AST- Heure Normale de l'Atlantique (HNA), ADT- Heure Avancée de l'Atlantique (HAA).
We believe that Barronsfield would be found within the (902) area code.
Adding Barronsfield to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
That's the case with Barronsfield: The earliest map where we found it was on a Rand McNally Map of the Maritime Provinces of Canada (1897).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Barronsfield on our Genealogy Page.
Communities Also Named Barronsfield ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Barronsfield - it's located in Nova Scotia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Barronsfield.
Communities near Barronsfield ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Barronsfield.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sackville
- Sackville lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the north of Barronsfield
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sackville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sackville
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Sackville<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Memramcook
- Memramcook lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the northwest of Barronsfield
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Memramcook came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Memramcook
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Memramcook<3>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Hillsborough Parish
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hillsborough Parish
- Hillsborough Parish lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the northwest of Barronsfield
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hillsborough Parish came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hillsborough Parish
- Sackville Parish
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sackville Parish
- Sackville Parish lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the north of Barronsfield
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sackville Parish came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sackville Parish
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dorchester
- Dorchester lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the northwest of Barronsfield
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Dorchester came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dorchester
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Dorchester<3>
- Amherst Point
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Amherst Point
- Amherst Point lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the northeast of Barronsfield
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Amherst Point
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Barronsfield ...
Looking for more information about Barronsfield? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Barronsfield, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Barronsfield.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Nova Scotia Community
About Nova Scotia
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Nova Scotia: https://novascotia.ca
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Barronsfield and then turned west". While Barronsfield could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Barronsfield as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Barronsfield could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Barronsfield) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Barronsfield. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Barronsfield
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Barronsfield. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.7539, Longitude: -64.3428
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|