Welcome to Bloomington ...
When the people of Bloomington refer to themselves (known as a demonym), they frequently use Bloomingtonian<1>
Time Zone: Bloomington lies in the Atlantic Time Zone (AST/ADT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: AST- Heure Normale de l'Atlantique (HNA), ADT- Heure Avancée de l'Atlantique (HAA).
Bloomington lies within the (902) area code.
Communities Also Named Bloomington ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 33 communities that are also named Bloomington - they are located in Alabama, Arkansas, California, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas (5), Kentucky (2), Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Ontario (2), Pennsylvania (2), South Dakota, Tennessee (2), Texas, Utah, West Virginia and Wisconsin.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Bloomington.
Communities near Bloomington ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Bloomington.
- Kingston - Greenwood
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kingston - Greenwood
- Kingston - Greenwood lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the north of Bloomington
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Kingston - Greenwood came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kingston - Greenwood
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Inglisville
- Inglisville lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the west of Bloomington
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Inglisville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Inglisville
- New Albany
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for New Albany
- New Albany lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the southwest of Bloomington
- New Albany has also been known as:
- Albany Station
- Jump to Google Maps centered on New Albany
- South Tremont
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for South Tremont
- South Tremont lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the northeast of Bloomington
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for South Tremont came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on South Tremont
- Torbrook East
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Torbrook East
- Torbrook East lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the northeast of Bloomington
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Torbrook East. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Torbrook East
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tremont
- Tremont lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the northeast of Bloomington
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Tremont came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tremont
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wilmot
- Wilmot lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the north of Bloomington
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Wilmot came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wilmot
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Bloomington ...
Looking for more information about Bloomington? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Bloomington, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Bloomington.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Nova Scotia
About Nova Scotia
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Bloomington. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Nova Scotia: https://novascotia.ca
|<1>||A demonym is the name for a resident of a community which is usually derived from (or is related to) the name of that community. In other words, it's how the residents of Bloomington refer to themselves. It's important to note that there aren't any rules for taking a community's name and turning it into a demonym. A demonym is informal and while the majority of Bloomington may use one name, keep in mind that others may use something different.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Bloomington) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Bloomington. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from BloomingtonOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Bloomington. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.8806, Longitude: -65.0014 |
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|