Welcome to Middleton ...
The town of Middleton is 60 feet [18 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Middleton lies in the Atlantic Time Zone (AST/ADT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: AST- Heure Normale de l'Atlantique (HNA), ADT- Heure Avancée de l'Atlantique (HAA).
The area code for Middleton: (902)
The Canadian Postal Code for Middleton: B0S<2>
Communities Also Named Middleton ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 36 communities that are also named Middleton - they are located in Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, New Brunswick, New Hampshire, Nova Scotia (2), Ohio (3), Oklahoma, Ontario (3), Oregon, Pennsylvania, Prince Edward Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia (3) and Wisconsin.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Middleton.
Communities near Middleton ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Middleton.
- Kingston - Greenwood
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kingston - Greenwood
- Kingston - Greenwood lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the east of Middleton
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Kingston - Greenwood came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kingston - Greenwood
- Moshers Corner
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Moshers Corner
- Moshers Corner lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the northwest of Middleton
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Moshers Corner
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Torbrook
- Torbrook lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southeast of Middleton
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Torbrook came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Torbrook
- Wilmot Station
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wilmot Station
- Wilmot Station lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the northeast of Middleton
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Wilmot Station came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wilmot Station
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bloomington
- Bloomington lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southeast of Middleton
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bloomington came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bloomington
- Clarence East
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Clarence East
- Clarence East lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the west of Middleton
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Clarence East
- Melvern Square
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Melvern Square
- Melvern Square lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the northeast of Middleton
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Melvern Square. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Melvern Square
- Mount Hanley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mount Hanley
- Mount Hanley lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the west of Middleton
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mount Hanley
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Middleton ...
Looking for more information about Middleton? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Middleton, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Middleton.
Adding Middleton to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Middleton was on a map titled Map of Maritime Provinces of Canada (from Rand McNally, 1897).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Middleton on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Mentions & References for Middleton
Communities in Nova Scotia
About Nova Scotia
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Middleton. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Nova Scotia: https://novascotia.ca
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Middleton - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Middleton). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Middleton or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Middleton) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Middleton. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from MiddletonOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Middleton. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.9427, Longitude: -65.0683 |
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|