Welcome to Brooklyn ...
Time Zone: Brooklyn lies in the Atlantic Time Zone (AST/ADT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: AST- Heure Normale de l'Atlantique (HNA), ADT- Heure Avancée de l'Atlantique (HAA).
The area code for Brooklyn: (902)
The Canadian Postal Code for Brooklyn: B0S<1>
Communities Also Named Brooklyn ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 63 communities that are also named Brooklyn - they are located in Alabama (3), California, Connecticut, Florida (2), Georgia (3), Illinois (4), Indiana, Iowa, Kansas (5), Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland (2), Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi (3), Missouri, Nevada, New Brunswick, New Jersey, New York (3), Newfoundland and Labrador, North Carolina (2), Nova Scotia (3), Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania (4), Prince Edward Island (2), South Carolina (3), Texas, Utah (2), Virginia (2), Washington, West Virginia (2) and Wisconsin.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Brooklyn.
Communities near Brooklyn ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Brooklyn.
- Kingston - Greenwood
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kingston - Greenwood
- Kingston - Greenwood lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the east of Brooklyn
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Kingston - Greenwood came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kingston - Greenwood
- Central Clarence
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Central Clarence
- Central Clarence lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the southwest of Brooklyn
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Central Clarence
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Moshers Corner
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Moshers Corner
- Moshers Corner lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the north of Brooklyn
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Moshers Corner
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Outram
- Outram lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the west of Brooklyn
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Outram. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Outram
- Victoria Vale
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Victoria Vale
- Victoria Vale lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the northeast of Brooklyn
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Victoria Vale came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Victoria Vale
- West Lawrencetown
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for West Lawrencetown
- West Lawrencetown lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the south of Brooklyn
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for West Lawrencetown came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on West Lawrencetown
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Inglisville
- Inglisville lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the south of Brooklyn
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Inglisville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Inglisville
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Brooklyn ...
Looking for more information about Brooklyn? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Brooklyn, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Brooklyn.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Nova Scotia
About Nova Scotia
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Brooklyn. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Nova Scotia: https://novascotia.ca
|<1>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Brooklyn, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Brooklyn). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Brooklyn or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Brooklyn) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Brooklyn. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Brooklyn
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Brooklyn. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.9385, Longitude: -65.1321
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|