Our Genealogy Helper for Trementina ...
So far, we have found very little information about Trementina. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Trementina to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Trementina, please Contact Us.
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool which helps us with planning our trips.
- We're trying to shape our Gazetteer as a tool to help us understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
- On our trips, we try to visit those places where our ancestors left their footprints.
By learning about Trementina (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this our Genealogical Helper for Trementina. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Neighboring Counties ...
When searching for family records, we have frequently made the mistake of not checking the neighboring counties.
For example, we have great-grandparents who lived in the southeast corner of their home county. During their lives, most hospitals were in the next county to the east. Almost all of the nearby churches and cemeteries were in the county to the south.
So when searching for records, we had our best success by looking in neighboring counties instead of the county in which they lived: their home county contained property and probate records; the county to the east contained birth and death records; the county to the south contained their burial records. If we hadn't included the neighboring counties, we would have missed many valuable sources of information.
If you're in a similar situation, we hope that the following information helps.
Although our information shows that the community of Trementina is historic, it would have been located within present day San Miguel County.
To see how the shape of New Mexico's counties have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of San Miguel County: Guadalupe, Harding, Mora, Quay, Santa Fe & Torrance.
Below are the counties that are near Trementina. For each of these counties, we show a sample of those communities that are closest to Trementina:
- San Miguel County (The home county of Trementina)
- Conchas [San Miguel County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Conchas
- Conchas [San Miguel County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the east of Trementina
- Conchas has also been known as:
- Conchas Dam
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Conchas
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Conchas<3>
- Hooverville [San Miguel County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hooverville
- Hooverville [San Miguel County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the southeast of Trementina
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hooverville
- Guadalupe County
- Newkirk [Guadalupe County]
- Cuervo [Guadalupe County]
- Santa Rosa [Guadalupe County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Santa Rosa
- Santa Rosa [Guadalupe County] lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<2> to the south of Trementina
- Population from the 2020 Census: 2,625 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Santa Rosa
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Santa Rosa<3>
- Harding County
- Armenta Plaza [Harding County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Armenta Plaza
- Armenta Plaza [Harding County] was located 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the north of Trementina
- Solano [Harding County]
- Mosquero [Harding County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mosquero
- Mosquero [Harding County] lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<2> to the northeast of Trementina
- Population from the 2020 Census: 85 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mosquero
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Mosquero<3>
- Roy [Harding County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Roy
- Roy [Harding County] lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<2> to the north of Trementina
- Population from the 2020 Census: 216 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Roy
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Roy<3>
For an expanded list of the communities that are closest to Trementina, see our County-by-County Page for Trementina.
Newspapers Published in Trementina ...
An ongoing effort between the Library of Congress and the National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) has resulted in the National Digital Newspaper Program (NDNP).
To share their results, the partnership has created the Chronicling America website. The goal of this partnership is to assemble a database about the current and historic newspapers of the United States. This includes a growing collection of scanned images from selected papers. All of it available to the public on their website.
Using information that we've taken from the Chronicling America website, we've identified 22 newspapers that have been published in the area around Trementina.
Although we're unaware of any newspapers that were published in the immediate area of Trementina, there are papers which were published within 38 miles [61.2 km]. A list of those papers, sorted by paper name, can be found on the Extended Newspaper List for Trementina.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first visit the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These professional and volunteer websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Trementina:
- Websites specific to New Mexico
- Pages specific to San Miguel County
- Genealogy information for nearby counties
- Guadalupe County
- Harding County
- Cemetery Information and Directories for New Mexico
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from New Mexico
Cemeteries Near Trementina ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Trementina.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Trementina covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Trementina Cemetery
- Sena Cemetery
- Sagrado Corazon Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Sagrado Corazon Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Sagrado Corazon Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<5>
- The Sagrado Corazon Cemetery is located 36 miles [57.9 km]<2> to the west of Las Vegas.To be more precise, Sagrado Corazon Cemetery lies 10 miles [16.1 km] to the west of Trementina.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sagrado Corazon Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #38377<4>
- Alamosa Plaza Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Alamosa Plaza Cemetery
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for the Alamosa Plaza Cemetery have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Alamosa Plaza Cemetery lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the east of Trementina.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alamosa Plaza Cemetery
- La Cinta Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the La Cinta Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the La Cinta Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<5>
- La Cinta Cemetery lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the east of Trementina.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on La Cinta Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #38159<4>
- Nuestra Senora de Guadalupe Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- Canon Largo Cemetery
- Juan Torres Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Juan Torres Cemetery
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for the Juan Torres Cemetery have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Juan Torres Cemetery lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the north of Trementina.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Juan Torres Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #38146<4>
- Tuloso Cemetery
- Monte Calvario Cemetery
- San Lorenzo Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the San Lorenzo Cemetery
- The San Lorenzo Cemetery is located 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the northwest of Conchas.More accurately, San Lorenzo Cemetery lies 19 miles [30.6 km] to the southeast of Trementina.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on San Lorenzo Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #38417<4>
- Maes Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Maes Cemetery
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for the Maes Cemetery have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Maes Cemetery lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the northwest of Trementina.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Maes Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #38202<4>
- Mathews Cemetery
- Armenta Plaza Cemetery
- Jimenez Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Jimenez Cemetery
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for the Jimenez Cemetery have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jimenez Cemetery lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the west of Trementina.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jimenez Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #38143<4>
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Trementina. See our List of 1890's Communities around Trementina.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Mentions & References for Trementina
The Communities of New Mexico
About San Miguel County
About New Mexico
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for State of New Mexico: www.newmexico.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Trementina, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Trementina) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Trementina. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from TrementinaOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Trementina. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 35.4589, Longitude: -104.4243 In this case, the coordinates for Trementina have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<5>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<6>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|