Welcome to Armenta Plaza ...
So far, we have found very little information about Armenta Plaza. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Armenta Plaza to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Armenta Plaza, please Contact Us.
Armenta Plaza would have been located within present day Harding County<2>.
While the community is gone, the present day location for Armenta Plaza is 4,770 feet [1,454 m] above sea level.<3> In other words, the elevation of Armenta Plaza is about 1 mile [or ~1½ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: The area where Armenta Plaza was located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
The location where Armenta Plaza once stood is in the (575) area code.
Communities near Armenta Plaza ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Armenta Plaza.
- Roy [Harding County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Roy
- Roy [Harding County] lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the northeast of Armenta Plaza
- Estimated population in 2019: 211 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Roy
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Roy<5>
- Solano [Harding County]
- Mills [Harding County]
- Wagon Mound [Mora County]
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Mosquero [Harding County]
- Trementina [San Miguel County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Trementina
- Trementina [San Miguel County] was located 25 miles [40.2 km]<4> to the south of Armenta Plaza
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Trementina have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Conchas [San Miguel County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Conchas
- Conchas [San Miguel County] lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<4> to the south of Armenta Plaza
- Conchas has also been known as:
- Conchas Dam
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Conchas
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Conchas<5>
- Valmora [Mora County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Valmora
- Valmora [Mora County] lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<4> to the west of Armenta Plaza
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Valmora
- Gladstone [Union County]
- Springer [Colfax County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Springer
- Springer [Colfax County] lies 39 miles [62.8 km]<4> to the north of Armenta Plaza
- Estimated population in 2019: 906 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Springer have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Springer
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Springer<5>
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Armenta Plaza. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Armenta Plaza.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Armenta Plaza. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Armenta Plaza.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Armenta Plaza. See our Newspapers Page for Armenta Plaza.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in New Mexico
About Harding County
About New Mexico
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for State of New Mexico: www.newmexico.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Armenta Plaza, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of New Mexico's counties, including Harding, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Armenta Plaza - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Armenta Plaza) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Armenta Plaza. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Armenta Plaza
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Armenta Plaza. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 35.8256, Longitude: -104.3702
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|