Welcome to Trementina ...
So far, we have found very little information about Trementina. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Trementina to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Trementina, please Contact Us.
Trementina was located in northeast New Mexico.
Trementina would have been located within present day San Miguel County<2>.
We aren't confident of the location of Trementina, so consider the above location as an estimate.<3>
While the community is gone, the present day location for Trementina is 5,000 feet [1,524 m] above sea level.<4> In other words, the altitude of Trementina is about 1 mile [or ~1½ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: The area where Trementina was located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
If Trementina still existed, it would have been in the (575) area code.
Communities near Trementina ...
We have created a list of 9 communities that are near Trementina.
- Conchas [San Miguel County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Conchas
- Conchas [San Miguel County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<5> to the east of Trementina
- Conchas has also been known as:
- Conchas Dam
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Conchas
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Conchas<6>
- Hooverville [San Miguel County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hooverville
- Hooverville [San Miguel County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<5> to the southeast of Trementina
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hooverville
- Armenta Plaza [Harding County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Armenta Plaza
- Armenta Plaza [Harding County] was located 25 miles [40.2 km]<5> to the north of Trementina
- Newkirk [Guadalupe County]
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- Cuervo [Guadalupe County]
- Solano [Harding County]
- Mosquero [Harding County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mosquero
- Mosquero [Harding County] lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<5> to the northeast of Trementina
- Population from the 2020 Census: 85 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mosquero
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Mosquero<6>
- Roy [Harding County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Roy
- Roy [Harding County] lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<5> to the north of Trementina
- Population from the 2020 Census: 216 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Roy
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Roy<6>
- Santa Rosa [Guadalupe County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Santa Rosa
- Santa Rosa [Guadalupe County] lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<5> to the south of Trementina
- Population from the 2020 Census: 2,625 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Santa Rosa
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Santa Rosa<6>
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Trementina. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Trementina.
We have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Trementina. See our Newspapers Page for Trementina.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in New Mexico
About San Miguel County
About New Mexico
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for State of New Mexico: www.newmexico.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Trementina, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of New Mexico's counties, including San Miguel, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<4>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Trementina - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Trementina) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Trementina. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from TrementinaOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Trementina. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 35.4589, Longitude: -104.4243 In this case, the coordinates for Trementina have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|