Communities Also Named Saint Lewis ...
We have found one communities that share the name Saint Lewis.
Within Newfoundland and Labrador, the name Saint Lewis is unique.
Beyond Newfoundland and Labrador, there is another community also named Saint Lewis in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- North Carolina
- Edgecombe County
- This Saint Lewis is located in Edgecombe County and lies 1,570 miles [2,526.7 km]<1> to the southwest.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saint Lewis
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Edgecombe County community of Saint Lewis.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Saint Lewis ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Caribou Run
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Caribou Run
- Caribou Run lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<1> to the south of Saint Lewis
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Caribou Run
- Deepwater Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Deepwater Creek
- Deepwater Creek lies less than 2 miles<1> to the east of Saint Lewis
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Deepwater Creek
- Indian Cove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Indian Cove
- Indian Cove lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<1> to the southeast of Saint Lewis
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Indian Cove came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Indian Cove
- Lodge Bay
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lodge Bay
- Lodge Bay lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<1> to the southwest of Saint Lewis
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lodge Bay
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- Mary's Harbour
- Seal Bight
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Seal Bight
- Seal Bight lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<1> to the north of Saint Lewis
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Seal Bight
- Ship Harbour
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ship Harbour
- Ship Harbour lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<1> to the northwest of Saint Lewis
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Ship Harbour came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ship Harbour
- Shoal Tickle
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Shoal Tickle
- Shoal Tickle lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<1> to the south of Saint Lewis
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Shoal Tickle
- Spear Harbour
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Spear Harbour
- Spear Harbour lies 5 miles [8 km]<1> to the north of Saint Lewis
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Spear Harbour
How Far From Saint Lewis to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a town such as Saint Lewis to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Saint Lewis and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,022 miles [1,644.7 km]<1> to the west southwest (WSW). If you could drive a straight line from Saint Lewis to Parliament Hill, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take over two days to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 58 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 40 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 4,548 miles [7,319.3 km] and it lies to the east northeast (ENE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 5,277 miles [8,492.5 km] and it lies to the east northeast (ENE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 3,157 miles [5,080.7 km] and it lies to the east northeast (ENE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Newfoundland and Labrador
About Newfoundland and Labrador
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Saint Lewis. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Newfoundland and Labrador: https://www.gov.nl.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Saint Lewis) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Saint Lewis. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Saint LewisOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Saint Lewis. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.3689, Longitude: -55.6852 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Saint Lewis to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 291.357 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 287.593 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 285.248 degrees.|