Welcome to Saint Lewis ...
A typical abbreviation for Saint Lewis: St. Lewis
We don't have a date for the establishment of Saint Lewis.
The town of Saint Lewis was previously named Fox Harbour. Going back to its beginning, The coastal town of Saint Lewis was originally named Ilha de Frey Luis. For more information about the names of Saint Lewis, see The Names of Saint Lewis on our Genealogy Page.
Time Zone: Saint Lewis lies in the Newfoundland Time Zone (NST/NDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: NST- Heure Normale de Terre-Neuve (HNT), NDT- Heure Avancée de Terre-Neuve (HAT).
Saint Lewis is within the boundaries of the (709) area code.
The Canadian Postal Code for Saint Lewis: A0K<1>
Websites for Saint Lewis ...
Although we don't have any websites that are specific to Saint Lewis, the following might be of interest:
Labrador Coastal Drive: www.labradorcoastaldrive.com/
Communities Also Named Saint Lewis ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Saint Lewis - it's located in North Carolina.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Saint Lewis.
Communities near Saint Lewis ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Saint Lewis.
- Mary's Harbour
- Aaron Cove - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Aaron Cove
- Aaron Cove was located 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the north of Saint Lewis
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Aaron Cove. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<4>
- Aaron Cove has also been known as:
- Aaron's Cove
- Spear Harbour
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Spear Harbour
- Spear Harbour lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the north of Saint Lewis
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Spear Harbour
- Murray Harbour
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Murray Harbour
- Murray Harbour lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the north of Saint Lewis
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Murray Harbour
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Seal Bight
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Seal Bight
- Seal Bight lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the north of Saint Lewis
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Seal Bight
- Battle Harbour
- Caribou Run
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Caribou Run
- Caribou Run lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the south of Saint Lewis
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Caribou Run
- Indian Cove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Indian Cove
- Indian Cove lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the southeast of Saint Lewis
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Indian Cove came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Indian Cove
- Shoal Tickle
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Shoal Tickle
- Shoal Tickle lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the south of Saint Lewis
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Shoal Tickle
- Loran - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Loran
- Loran was located 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the south of Saint Lewis
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Saint Lewis ...
Looking for more information about Saint Lewis? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Saint Lewis, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Saint Lewis.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Newfoundland and Labrador
About Newfoundland and Labrador
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Saint Lewis. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Newfoundland and Labrador: https://www.gov.nl.ca/
|<1>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Saint Lewis). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Saint Lewis or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Saint Lewis) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Saint Lewis. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Saint LewisOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Saint Lewis. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.3689, Longitude: -55.6852 |
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|