Welcome to Seal Bight ...
Although we found mention of Seal Bight during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Seal Bight was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Seal Bight to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Seal Bight, please Contact Us.
Seal Bight is located on the Atlantic coast of Labrador.
Seal Bight is near sea level<2>.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Seal Bight might be (or was) located is in the Atlantic Time Zone (AST/ADT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: AST- Heure Normale de l'Atlantique (HNA), ADT- Heure Avancée de l'Atlantique (HAA).
Note: While Seal Bight is in the Atlantic Time Zone, the area just to the west is in the Newfoundland Time Zone (NST/NDT).
We believe that Seal Bight would be found within the (709) area code.
Communities near Seal Bight ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Seal Bight.
- Mary's Harbour
- Saint Lewis
- Deepwater Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Deepwater Creek
- Deepwater Creek lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the south of Seal Bight
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Deepwater Creek
- Francis Harbour
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Francis Harbour
- Francis Harbour lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the north of Seal Bight
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Francis Harbour
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Long Island
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Long Island
- Long Island lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the north of Seal Bight
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Long Island came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Long Island
- Kings Cove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kings Cove
- Kings Cove lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the north of Seal Bight
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kings Cove
- Williams Harbour
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Williams Harbour
- Williams Harbour lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the northwest of Seal Bight
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Williams Harbour
- Georges Cove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Georges Cove
- Georges Cove lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<3> to the north of Seal Bight
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Georges Cove
- Rexons Cove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rexons Cove
- Rexons Cove lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<3> to the northwest of Seal Bight
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rexons Cove
- Battle Harbour
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Seal Bight ...
Looking for more information about Seal Bight? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Seal Bight, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Seal Bight.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Newfoundland and Labrador
About Newfoundland and Labrador
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Newfoundland and Labrador: https://www.gov.nl.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Seal Bight and then turned west". While Seal Bight could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Seal Bight as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Seal Bight could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Seal Bight - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Seal Bight) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Seal Bight. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Seal BightOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Seal Bight. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.4559, Longitude: -55.6792 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|