Welcome to Georges Cove ...
Georges Cove is located on the Atlantic coast of Labrador (at Saint Michaels Bay).
A typical abbreviation for Georges Cove: Georges Cv.
See our Genealogy Helper Page for Georges Cove for more information about variations on the name of Georges Cove.
Georges Cove is 50 feet [15 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Georges Cove lies in the Atlantic Time Zone (AST/ADT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: AST- Heure Normale de l'Atlantique (HNA), ADT- Heure Avancée de l'Atlantique (HAA).
Note: If you travel south from Georges Cove (for example, toward Saint Lewis), you will soon leave Atlantic Time and cross into the Newfoundland Time Zone (NST/NDT).
Georges Cove is within the boundaries of the (709) area code.
Communities Also Named Georges Cove ...
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Georges Cove.
Communities near Georges Cove ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Georges Cove.
- Mary's Harbour
- Saint Lewis
- Long Island
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Long Island
- Long Island lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the east of Georges Cove
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Long Island came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Long Island
- Rexons Cove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rexons Cove
- Rexons Cove lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the west of Georges Cove
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rexons Cove
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Aaron Cove - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Aaron Cove
- Aaron Cove was located 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the south of Georges Cove
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Aaron Cove. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<5>
- Aaron Cove has also been known as:
- Aaron's Cove
- Murray Harbour
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Murray Harbour
- Murray Harbour lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the south of Georges Cove
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Murray Harbour
- Pinsents Arm
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pinsents Arm
- Pinsents Arm lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the northwest of Georges Cove
- Pinsents Arm has also been known as:
- Pensons Arm
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pinsents Arm
- Seal Bight
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Seal Bight
- Seal Bight lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the south of Georges Cove
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Seal Bight
- Spear Harbour
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Spear Harbour
- Spear Harbour lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> to the southeast of Georges Cove
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Spear Harbour
- Square Island Harbour
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Square Island Harbour
- Square Island Harbour lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> to the north of Georges Cove
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Square Island Harbour
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Georges Cove ...
Looking for more information about Georges Cove? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Georges Cove, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Georges Cove.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Newfoundland and Labrador
About Newfoundland and Labrador
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Georges Cove. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Newfoundland and Labrador: https://www.gov.nl.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Georges Cove - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Georges Cove) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Georges Cove. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Georges CoveOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Georges Cove. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.5815, Longitude: -55.7520 |
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|