Welcome to Williams Harbour ...
Williams Harbour is located on Granby Island, at the mouth of Alexis Bay.
A typical abbreviation for Williams Harbour: Williams Hbr. (or less commonly used: Williams Harb. or Williams Hrbr.)
See our Genealogy Helper Page for Williams Harbour for more information about variations on the name of Williams Harbour.
Williams Harbour is near sea level<1>.
Time Zone: Williams Harbour lies in the Atlantic Time Zone (AST/ADT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: AST- Heure Normale de l'Atlantique (HNA), ADT- Heure Avancée de l'Atlantique (HAA).
Note: If you travel south from Williams Harbour (for example, toward Saint Lewis), you will soon leave Atlantic Time and cross into the Newfoundland Time Zone (NST/NDT).
Williams Harbour lies within the (709) area code.
The Canadian Postal Code for Williams Harbour: A0K<2>
Websites for Williams Harbour ...
Although we don't have any websites that are specific to Williams Harbour, the following might be of interest:
Labrador Coastal Drive: www.labradorcoastaldrive.com/
Communities near Williams Harbour ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Williams Harbour.
- Mary's Harbour
- Saint Lewis
- Rexons Cove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rexons Cove
- Rexons Cove lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the west of Williams Harbour
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rexons Cove
- Long Island
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Long Island
- Long Island lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the east of Williams Harbour
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Long Island came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Long Island
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Aaron Cove - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Aaron Cove
- Aaron Cove was located 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the south of Williams Harbour
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Aaron Cove. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Aaron Cove has also been known as:
- Aaron's Cove
- Murray Harbour
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Murray Harbour
- Murray Harbour lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the southeast of Williams Harbour
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Murray Harbour
- Seal Bight
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Seal Bight
- Seal Bight lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the southeast of Williams Harbour
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Seal Bight
- Spear Harbour
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Spear Harbour
- Spear Harbour lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<3> to the southeast of Williams Harbour
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Spear Harbour
- Pinsents Arm
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pinsents Arm
- Pinsents Arm lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<3> to the northwest of Williams Harbour
- Pinsents Arm has also been known as:
- Pensons Arm
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pinsents Arm
- Square Island Harbour
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Square Island Harbour
- Square Island Harbour lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<3> to the north of Williams Harbour
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Square Island Harbour
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Williams Harbour ...
Looking for more information about Williams Harbour? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Williams Harbour, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Williams Harbour.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Newfoundland and Labrador
About Newfoundland and Labrador
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Williams Harbour. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Newfoundland and Labrador: https://www.gov.nl.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Williams Harbour - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Williams Harbour, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Williams Harbour). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Williams Harbour or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Williams Harbour) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Williams Harbour. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Williams HarbourOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Williams Harbour. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.5602, Longitude: -55.7741 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|