Welcome to Dawson Creek ...
A typical abbreviation for Dawson Creek: Dawson Crk. (or less commonly used: Dawson Ck. or Dawson Cr.)
The city of Dawson Creek is 2,190 feet [668 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the altitude of Dawson Creek is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Dawson Creek lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Area codes for Dawson Creek: (250) and (778)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Dawson Creek: V1G<3>
Websites for Dawson Creek ...
Official Website: www.dawsoncreek.ca/
Communities near Dawson Creek ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Dawson Creek.
- Pouce Coupe
- Briar Ridge
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Briar Ridge
- Briar Ridge lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the east of Dawson Creek.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Briar Ridge
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rolla
- Rolla lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<4> to the north of Dawson Creek.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rolla
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Arras
- Arras lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the west of Dawson Creek.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Arras
- Bay Tree
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bay Tree
- Bay Tree lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the east of Dawson Creek.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bay Tree came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bay Tree
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gundy
- Gundy lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the southeast of Dawson Creek.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gundy
- Fellers Heights
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fellers Heights
- Fellers Heights lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the southwest of Dawson Creek.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fellers Heights came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fellers Heights
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tomslake
- Tomslake lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the south of Dawson Creek.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Tomslake came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tomslake
- Doe River
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Doe River
- Doe River lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the north of Dawson Creek.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Doe River came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Doe River
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Dawson Creek ...
Looking for more information about Dawson Creek? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Dawson Creek, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Dawson Creek.
Adding Dawson Creek to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Dawson Creek was on a map titled Road Map for British Columbia (from Shell Oil, 1956).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Dawson Creek on our Genealogy Page.
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Dawson Creek: www.dawsoncreek.ca/
The official website for Province of British Columbia: https://www.gov.bc.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Dawson Creek - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (778) is an overlay for area code (250).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Dawson Creek, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Dawson Creek). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Dawson Creek or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Dawson Creek) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Dawson Creek. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Dawson CreekOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Dawson Creek. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 55.7619, Longitude: -120.2384 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|