Welcome to Farmington ...
Time Zone: Farmington lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Area codes for Farmington: (250) and (778)<1>
The Canadian Postal Code for Farmington: V0C<2>
Communities Also Named Farmington ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 59 communities that are also named Farmington - they are located in Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia (4), Illinois (5), Indiana, Iowa, Kansas (4), Kentucky, Maine, Maryland (3), Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina (2), North Dakota, Nova Scotia (2), Ohio (2), Ontario, Oregon, Pennsylvania (3), Prince Edward Island, South Carolina, Tennessee (3), Texas, Utah, Virginia (3), Washington, West Virginia and Wisconsin.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Farmington.
Communities near Farmington ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Farmington.
- Dawson Creek
- Pouce Coupe
- Tower Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tower Lake
- Tower Lake lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the north of Farmington
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tower Lake
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Pine Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pine Valley
- Pine Valley lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the northwest of Farmington
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pine Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Arras
- Arras lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<3> to the south of Farmington
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Arras
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Progress
- Progress lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<3> to the southwest of Farmington
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Progress
- Sunset Prairie
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sunset Prairie
- Sunset Prairie lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<3> to the west of Farmington
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sunset Prairie came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sunset Prairie
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rolla
- Rolla lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<3> to the east of Farmington
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rolla
- Iracard - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Iracard
- Iracard was located 16 miles [25.7 km]<3> to the southeast of Farmington
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Iracard. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Farmington ...
Looking for more information about Farmington? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Farmington, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Farmington.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in British Columbia
About British Columbia
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Farmington. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of British Columbia: https://www.gov.bc.ca/
|<1>||Area code (778) is an overlay for area code (250).|
|<2>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Farmington, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Farmington). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Farmington or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Farmington) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Farmington. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from FarmingtonOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Farmington. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 55.9055, Longitude: -120.5059 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|