Welcome to Progress ...
Time Zone: Progress lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Telephone area codes for Progress: (250) & (778)<1>
The Canadian Postal Code for Progress: V0C<2>
Communities Also Named Progress ...
Using our Gazetteer, we found that there are 22 communities that are also named Progress - they are located in Alabama, California, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas (2), Louisiana, Mississippi (3), Missouri, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas (3), Utah, Virginia and West Virginia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Progress.
Communities near Progress ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Progress.
- Dawson Creek
- Sunset Prairie
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sunset Prairie
- Sunset Prairie lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the northwest of Progress.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sunset Prairie came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sunset Prairie
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Arras
- Arras lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the east of Progress.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Arras
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Groundbirch
- Groundbirch lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the west of Progress.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Groundbirch
- Fellers Heights
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fellers Heights
- Fellers Heights lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<3> to the southeast of Progress.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fellers Heights came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fellers Heights
- Pine Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pine Valley
- Pine Valley lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<3> to the north of Progress.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pine Valley
- Tower Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tower Lake
- Tower Lake lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<3> to the north of Progress.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tower Lake
- East Pine
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for East Pine
- East Pine lies 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the west of Progress.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for East Pine came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on East Pine
- Iracard ‑ Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Iracard
- Iracard was located 21 miles [33.8 km]<3> to the east of Progress.
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Iracard. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Progress ...
Looking for more information about Progress? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Progress, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Progress.
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Progress. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of British Columbia: https://www.gov.bc.ca/
|<1>||Area code (778) is an overlay for area code (250).|
|<2>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Progress, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Progress). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Progress or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Progress) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Progress. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from ProgressOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Progress. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 55.7813, Longitude: -120.7162 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|