Welcome to Arras ...
Time Zone: Arras lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Area codes for Arras: (250) and (778)<1>
The Canadian Postal Code for Arras: V0C<2>
Communities near Arras ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Arras.
- Dawson Creek
- Pouce Coupe
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Progress
- Progress lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the west of Arras
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Progress
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Fellers Heights
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fellers Heights
- Fellers Heights lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<3> to the south of Arras
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fellers Heights came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fellers Heights
- Sunset Prairie
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sunset Prairie
- Sunset Prairie lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<3> to the northwest of Arras
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sunset Prairie came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sunset Prairie
- Iracard - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Iracard
- Iracard was located 14 miles [22.5 km]<3> to the east of Arras
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Iracard. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Groundbirch
- Groundbirch lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<3> to the west of Arras
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Groundbirch
- Upper Cutbank
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Upper Cutbank
- Upper Cutbank lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<3> to the south of Arras
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Upper Cutbank
- Briar Ridge
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Briar Ridge
- Briar Ridge lies 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the east of Arras
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Briar Ridge
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Arras ...
Looking for more information about Arras? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Arras, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Arras.
Adding Arras to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Arras was on a map titled Road Map for British Columbia (from Shell Oil, 1956).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Arras on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in British Columbia
About British Columbia
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Arras. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of British Columbia: https://www.gov.bc.ca/
|<1>||Area code (778) is an overlay for area code (250).|
|<2>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Arras, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Arras). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Arras or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Arras) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Arras. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from ArrasOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Arras. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 55.7522, Longitude: -120.5275 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|