Welcome to Rolla ...
Rolla is 2,190 feet [668 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the altitude of Rolla is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Rolla lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Area codes for Rolla: (250) and (778)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Rolla: V0C<3>
Communities Also Named Rolla ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 8 communities that are also named Rolla - they are located in Arkansas, Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, North Dakota, Ohio, Texas and Virginia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Rolla.
Communities near Rolla ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Rolla.
- Dawson Creek
- Pouce Coupe
- Briar Ridge
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Briar Ridge
- Briar Ridge lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the southeast of Rolla.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Briar Ridge
- Doe River
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Doe River
- Doe River lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the north of Rolla.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Doe River came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Doe River
- Bay Tree
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bay Tree
- Bay Tree lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<4> to the southeast of Rolla.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bay Tree came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bay Tree
- Iracard ‑ Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Iracard
- Iracard was located 10 miles [16.1 km]<4> to the south of Rolla.
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Iracard. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<7>
- Shearer Dale
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Shearer Dale
- Shearer Dale lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the north of Rolla.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Shearer Dale came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Shearer Dale
- Tower Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tower Lake
- Tower Lake lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the northwest of Rolla.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tower Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bonanza
- Bonanza lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the southeast of Rolla.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bonanza came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bonanza
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Rolla ...
Looking for more information about Rolla? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Rolla, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Rolla.
Adding Rolla to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Rolla was on a map titled Road Map for British Columbia (from Shell Oil, 1956).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Rolla on our Genealogy Page.
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Rolla. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of British Columbia: https://www.gov.bc.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Rolla - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (778) is an overlay for area code (250).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Rolla, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Rolla). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Rolla or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Rolla) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Rolla. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from RollaOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Rolla. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 55.8985, Longitude: -120.1431 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<7>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|